This magnificent native tree grows quickly when young. Will mature at up to 75’ in a landscaped environment, and grows to 135’ in forest conditions. The spruce has rigid, tiered branches, which are densely covered with stiff blue or green needles. Tolerant of most soil conditions, prefers full sun.
- Scientific Name: Picea pungens
- Key feature: Screening, Accent
- Plant type: Evergreen Tree
- Cold hardiness zones: 2-7
- Light needs: Sun
- Water Needs: Average, drought tolerant
- Average landscape size: 50′- 75′ tall; 15′ wide in landscape