The Siberian Peashrub is a medium to fast growing perennial shrub. Yellow, fragrant flowers bloom in early summer with pod fruits, containing edible seeds, ripening in mid summer. Prefers dry to moderate soil and must be planted in full sun. Often used as a windbreak, the Siberian Peashrub is drought and cold tolerant.
- Scientific Name: Caragana arborescens
- Key feature: Fast growing, flowering
- Plant type: Deciduous
- Cold hardiness zones: 2-7
- Light needs: Full Sun
- Water Needs: Average to Dry
- Average landscape size: 12” Tall; 8′ Wide