No garden is complete with out the addition of Roses. While not many varieties are hardy enough to endure our mountain climate, we have found several species that are more tolerant of our winter weather. Not only do Rose plants add color to your landscape, they attract butterflies and other wildlife. In many varieties, the flowers are also excellent for cutting, bringing their beauty indoors as well. Roses prefer full sun and require a fair amount of water. Soil should be moist, but well drained.
- Key feature: Showy, Long lasting flowers
- Plant type: Deciduious Shrub
- Deciduous/evergreen: Deciduous
- Cold hardiness zones: 3-8
- Light needs: Sun
- Water Needs: Moderate to Moist
- Average landscape size: 2 ‘-4’ tall