Like all maple trees, the Amur Maple is known for its brilliant fall colors. This is a smaller tree, so it can be blended into many types of landscape. The Amur Maple may have several trunks, allowing it to grow as a shrub. Pruning to a single trunk will yield a beautiful tree for your landscape. Tolerant of acidic or neutral soil types, better fall colors will result with full sun exposure.
- Scientific Name: Acer ginnala
- Key feature: Decorative, Shade Tree
- Plant type: Deciduous Tree, Shrub
- Cold hardiness zones: 3-8
- Light needs: Sun, Partial Shade
- Water Needs: Average, drought tolerant
- Average landscape size: 15′- 20′ Tall; 15′ Wide