This Juniper is native to the Rocky Mountain region, as its name suggests. The blue-green foliage maintains its color year round. It prefers moist, well-drained soil, and is tolerant of drought conditions. This low maintenance tree provides cover for small animals, and produces and edible, berry like cone.
- Scientific Name: Juniperus scopulorum
- Key feature: Ornamental, Attracts Wildlife
- Plant type: Evergreen
- Cold hardiness zones: 3 – 7
- Light needs: Sun
- Water Needs: Well drained
- Average landscape size: 10′- 15′ Tall; 4′ – 6′ Wide