This small ornamental tree is a popular choice for parks and planting beds. It can be grown as a single tree, or trimmed for a hedge. The attractive dark red foliage, wildlife friendly fruit, and aromatic blossoms make this a great addition to the landscape.
- Scientific Name: Prunus virginiana
- Key feature: Showy, flowering tree or hedge
- Plant type: Deciduous Tree Shrub
- Cold hardiness zones: 2 – 6
- Light needs: Sun, Partial Shade
- Water Needs: Average to Dry
- Average landscape size: 20′- 30′ Tall; 15′ – 20′ Wide